Code of Good Practice
This ‘Code of Good Practice’ supports and reflects the standards of the Care Advice Framework and gives a guide to the values, behaviour and conduct that are expected of care advisers and those listed on the Care Map Directory and/or Care Navigators Ltd website.
At all times, service providers will;
- Treat people with respect and dignity in a non-judgemental manner
- Work to National and organisational policies for confidentiality and safeguarding
- Comply with data protection and health and safety requirements
- Complying with all associated regulatory and legal requirements relating to the specific nature of the service provided.
- Provide accessible interview facilities and adequate systems for responding to enquiries
- Identify and work to overcome communication barriers and individual need
- Ensure provision of appropriate equipment for engaging in a full and open interview
- Explain any associated costs and restrictions of engagement.
- Behave in a welcoming, polite, and professional manner, giving clients full attention
- Explain role and boundary of the service provided
- Identify a need for other appropriate professional services
- Collect and assess information needed to clarify key issues, priorities, goals, and information needs.
- Understand how to put person – centred values into practice considering; Individuality, independence, privacy, partnerships, choice, respect, and rights.
- Understand the importance of history, circumstances, wishes, needs, preferences and risks.
- Use a clear, non-jargon easy to understand way to explain information
- Identify communication barriers and when insufficient information prevents proper diagnosis to assist clients
- Offer only relevant information and advice, consider privacy and confidentiality
- Summarise agreed further actions, close interview and provide a summary of interaction keeping client updated.
- Meet the standards in a lawful, safe, and effective way being mindful of a client’s well
- Provide a summary of contact, any further action agreed upon and outline any associated cost/restrictions.
- Keep client informed of any further action
- Provide appropriate and safe storage for record keeping