Who are we?
The Care Adviser Network was formed in 2011 and registered with Companies House in Sept 2015 with a social enterprise statement as a limited (by Guarantee) company in England and Wales. Company Number 9757905.
The Care Navigators website supports the Care Adviser Network aims to promote a standard for those who give information and advice on choosing and paying for adult care. We provide advice services to help people choose appropriate, affordable care and make informed decisions for care planning.
Privacy and personal data
In order to provide access to this site, we need to collect and store personal information about you. This privacy notice relates to any user accounts created on this site or data submitted during an enquiry or contact request. It states:
- The legal basis for the use of your personal data on the Care Adviser website
- Why we collect your data
- What we collect
- What we do with your personal data
- Your rights, including your right to withdraw your consent and your right for the data to be deleted
- How to get in contact with us or make a complaint
In order to use the Care Adviser website we ask that you read and agree to this privacy statement.
Access to information
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. Where consent is required to process both standard and sensitive types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used. Agreement with this Privacy Notice and its accompanying Terms and Conditions (as applicable) (and any Data Processing Agreements, if they apply to you) will be considered to be explicit consent and we will keep a copy of the records of that consent for audit purposes.
You may withdraw consent at any time by: Identifying your role for example; Individual, Staff member, End-user, Site Admin etc. and the data you wish to withdraw.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
- Information that you provide when submitting an enquiry or contact request
How we use your information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Who has access to data?
The Care Adviser Network management and administration have access to the data on the Care Adviser website. We strive to provide up to date, accurate information and services with reasonable care and skill and update the Care Navigator website regularly to enhance user support and experience.
3rd party contractors may be
employed from time to time to provide services to the Care Adviser Network.
These services will be with the intended purpose to improve the Care Adviser
website, such as upgrades and improvements, and to provide services (such as security
audits and security improvements). Your personal data will not be shared with 3rd
party contractors or employees other than in the day to day operation and
evaluation of the web system and changes/improvements and service maintenance
(such as testing and evaluation of the Care Navigator website).
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that care adviser refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined the section below.
You may be provided with a password for access and we ask that you keep this confidential and not share it with anyone else
Beyond our control
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.